We are a non-profit making private company whose aim is to promote early education and childcare to children under seven.
The International Childcare and Education Centre was started in 1989 under the original name of The International Playschool. As the company developed a decision was taken to both form a limited company and to change the name of the school. The decision to change our name was made to more clearly define the nature of our centres, and to better align ourselves with the changes in early years education being made in England.
The I.C.E.C has 8 centres, all of which are dedicated to early years education and childcare for children under the age of seven.
Why choose The I.C.E.C?
- We are in every way a multicultural Centre
- We are Environmentally aware
- We have a Creative learning Curriculum, we make learning a joy for your child
- We have excellent teacher training programmes
- We have a forest school
- We are animal friendly
- We are flexible
- We have a plenty of parent events
- We are the only daycare in Finland inspected by England once or twice per year
- We are older and wiser
- The English National Curriculum which we follow is an excellent hands on active learning program